Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 76 - Just a perfect day, drink sangria in the park

Indulgence day....now we knew this was going to be a big one so Gilles and I decided to get the workout out of the way in the morning so it wouldn't be hanging over our heads. We also planned to get quite drunk which is not really conducive to exercise. Anyway this blog is not about exercise it is about FOOD!!!

It wasn't the most glorious day weather wise but we decided to go down to Stanley to a - this one's for your Jose - Spanish restaurant!! Yep, a spot of tapas, paella, decadent desserts and a bottle of icy cold white wine. Here are a couple of shots from our lazy indulgence, there was actually quite a bit more food involved but posting them all would be blog indulgence. We ended up staying for about 4 hours and were one of the last to leave the restaurant. Was it worth it? Abso-freakin-lutely!!!
View of Stanley Harbour from our table

MMMMelon & prosciutto and pan con tomate


Perfect paella
cheese glorious cheese - how I missed thee

Happiness!!

And the grand finale....

Molten choc orange volcano with
smoooth vanilla ice cream

oh yeah....















After this veritable feast I was truly content, whereas before I may have felt sickened. Not that we made a particularly unhealthy choice. Sure I could have gone for a burger, fries, cholesterol clogging sauces but that's really not my thing at least not anymore. Funny how my taste seems to have changed. It's so great to enjoy a meal knowing that your don't have to feel guilty about it because you've put in the hard work. The best part about it was that when I sat back at the end of the meal to pat my very full stomach instead of rolls I could feel my abs! It's definitely not for every weekend but now when I do happen to have a meal out I really REALLY enjoy it.

Let me introduce you to my lunch date Javier - Gilles' alter-ego. The mo is a stubborn leftover from a Magnum PI party we went to last night and now it refuses to go....I pray it will be gone before the wedding. Creep out!!!
Everytime I look at this it cracks me up. I have to say though Javier is ever bit the latin gentleman. After lunch we wandered around the flower markets and he loaded me up with armfuls of my favorite flowers - gardenias and peonies which now fill our flat with the heady smell of spring. You said it Lou Reed - Such a perfect day!!
I don't care what anyone says - every
girl loves  to get flowers!
Instant pick me up

6 comments:

  1. Awww sounds like u guys had the perfect indulgence day with a delicious feast... U totally deserve it after all the hard work over these 2.5months. It seems like regular visits to 8min mike has paid off good - I rubbed my belly after consuming my molten chocci pudding last night and could actually feel my abs poking thru :-))) you totally have to go to Carpaccios post PCP to try the pudding- it's to die for. Ps. Love the flowers and yes, no girl can say they don't love receiving them! Enjoy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how an indulgence is done! Isn't it great to think about your food and truly enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!!! What a great time. You two are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You both look so happy and content. You and the flowers = one chique chick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I grow the mo back please?

    ReplyDelete