Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 78 - No carbs for you!

Today we got our menus for the final two weeks and it appears I have been condemned to a future of no carbs after 2pm. So long risotto...

I haven't done my workout yet for today and plan to hit the gym after work tonight. I wish I had been stronger at getting up early but my body has really been putting up a fight these last two weeks. Tomorrow though I have no choice. It's shaping up to be a nasty day at work and with meetings and conf calls from 9 till 11pm I'll have to get it out of the way early or it ain't going to happen. Having said that I am blogging in my lunch hour at work - ahem!

Yesterday was our PCP-lite day with just skipping / fat burn. I'm still skipping but only a few days a week now instead of every day. I'd like to increase this for the last 2 weeks and will see how it goes but in previous attempts I've had to drop back since my ankles were giving me grief. Things might be different now though.

I've also discovered that I really like running which is a huge surprise because in the past I have despised it with a passion - probably because I was trying to sprint and usually ended up in a collapsed cramp addled heap. Yesterday after a less than satisfying day at work I headed to the gym , jumped on the treadmill and for 30mins just ran. It felt good to empty my head, breathe and let the day just fall away.

For those of you who like to run here are some current favourites on my running man list. There's more than 30mins worth here is you're feeling the juices flowing:
1. Hotel Song - Regina Spektor
2. The Fear - Lily Allen
3. Get Off - Dandy Warhols
4. Soldiers - You Am I
5. Even better than the real thing - U2 (also a great skipping song!)
6. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen (obviously)
7. This Modern Run - Bloc Party (for running nirvana)
8. I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Cheifs
9. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
10. Ohh La la - Goldfrapp
11. Sinner Man - Nina Simone

I'm still working on my skipping list - still having some tempo problems!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice list! I'm gonna check out some of those songs.
    I actually find it hard to skip while listening to music coz I have a tendency to want to skip along the music but that rhythm isn't necessarily the best pace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool list Tanya - i am a HUGE fan of Regina Spektor - she's crazy talented! Ohh la la is a nice little song to get you into the mood for almost anything! As for my w.o playlist I throw in a bit of Kanye, Adele, Imogen Heap, Florence + The machine, Kings of Leon and voila - i'm totally in the PCP groove ;-) Good on u for blogging in your lunch hour, I should probably start doing that as opposed to blogging at midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fear - Lily Allen

    Love this song....

    I always Blog at lunch. It takes my mind away from the fact that everyone is eating yummy bad for me foods all around or that they have all gone to a restaurant with out me :)

    ReplyDelete